Recovery is an essential part of any exercise program. Rest, hydration and proper nutrition help to make each workout count. Exercising breaks down muscle tissue so it can rebuild and form into stronger muscle tissue. But without the proper nutrients, you can do more damage than good. The following are recovery supplements we recommend to get the most out of every workout and keep your body healthy and strong.
Recommended Recovery Supplements:
dotfFIT Recover and Build:
1) Increases muscle repair
2) Decreases muscle breakdown
3) Reduces overtraining soreness
Recover and build contains the Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) which make up 35-40% of the amino acids in a muscle cell. Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine are the big hitters for muscle growth and muscle repair after intense exercise.
dotFIT Muscle Defender:
1) Increase muscle cell recovery
2) Provides the world’s only stabilized glutamine patented formula which activates the proper amount of muscle contraction and relaxation creating a perfect muscle building environment
3) Improves recovery from muscle soreness
Muscle Defender does exactly as its name implies, it defends the muscles. Glutamine is a very important amino acid. Glutamine is the most common amino acid found in your skeletal muscles (over 61% of skeletal muscle is glutamine). During intense training glutamine is greatly depleted in your body, which decreases strength and stamina. It can take up to 6 days to full replenish your glutamine levels to normal which is why supplementation is helpful. Glutamine is also a key amino acid in recovering from stress, trauma, or surgery.
dotFIT Workout Extreme:
1) Ignites energy and boost metabolism
2) Increases mental focus and mental alertness
3) Relieves exhaustion
Workout Extreme will accelerate your energy for the gym or the day. Each capsule is like an expresso with 75mg of caffeine, plus the added energy benefit of 75mg of ginseng root. Taurine helps with muscle contractions at 250mg/capsule and finally glucuronolactone aids in mental focus at 150mg/capsule. I recommend starting with 1-2 capsules to test your sensitivity to it. I use 1-2 in the morning and 1-2 in the afternoon if I hit the wall. Do not exceed 4 capsules per day and do not take less than 5 hours before bed. It takes about 5-6 hours for the energy to cycle out of your system.
1) Provides BCAAs plus the essential amino acids that your body cannot produce
2) Increases your body’s ability to rebuild, repair and slow down muscle breakdown
3) Promotes muscle recovery
Thorne Aminos are a powder added to 16-20 oz of water sweetened with stevia provides a light tart berry flavor or lemon flavor. This formula has both the BCAAs and the essential amino acids that you must take in from your diet.
1) Thorne Meriva 500-SF provides relief from occasional aches and soreness
2) Helps maintain a healthy inflammatory response in muscle, joints and throughout the body
3) Provides antioxidant support
Exclusive soy-free version of the best-in-class, most clinically studied curcumin formulation, made with phytosome technology to ensure optimal absorption (A phytosome is a plant extract bound to a phospholipid, from sunflower oil in the case of Meriva 500-SF). Phospholipids are very well absorbed.